· Job Title – Reporting Accountant Specialist.
· Job Location – Pune, Maharashtra.
· Duties/ Roles & Responsibilities –
- Ensure that transactions are documented, in compliance with group standards(including the Minimum Acceptable Practices) and, where relevant, Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Responsible for high quality, timely reporting for group and statutory purposes and providing ad-hoc analysis and decision support to the business
- Participation in the annual Budgeting and quarterly Forecasting cycles utilizing Hyperion and SAP or MS AX.
- Accountable for balance sheet integrity and reconciliations, to safeguard assets and to ensure the optimal use of resources across the business; and to ensure that any aging of balances is fully investigated and resolved.
- Support and implement continuous improvement initiatives e.g. process standardization and business efficiencies, with the aim to lower cost, improve service and reduce compliance risk
- Supervise the Reporting Accountants and complete of annual objective/appraisal performance process.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with the transactional accounting teams.
- Manage the requests from external and internal auditors, other advisors, and relevant country Authorities
- In combination with the Finance Controller, monitor, assess, and implement changes to comply with external reporting and accounting requirements
A minimum of 5 of working experience, either in global accounting practice or in industry
Must have local language skills and fluency in English>> Strong technical accounting knowledge and have working knowledge, expertise, and experience in reporting under IFRS.
Experience of supervising teams and strong inter-personal skills.>Demonstrates experience in analysing financial data, drawing sound conclusions and developing proposals/solutions.
Must be able to demonstrate a track record of success in working with diverse stakeholders
Must have the ability to assess, react quickly and decisively to problems, taking tough decisions where needed or escalating issues as appropriate.
Nice to have ~
Relevant industry experience advantageous, ideally in Medical Devices or Pharmaceuticals.